Who we are
- We are scientists skilled in improving of health and safety standards;
- We are Occupational Health specialists;
- We are policy makers working in the labour inspectorates, employed by private companies, working with Trade Unions responsible for the improvement of working environment;
- We are Trade Union activists, Workers Councils Representatives interested in the improvement of working conditions and standards regarding Health and Safety and well-being of workers;
- We are interested in technical and human relations issues concerning the improvement of working environment and working conditions;
- We are in first place citizens who are aware that we have to make the improvements we want, we need, we have to make them ourselves, together with other workers, researchers, scientists and policy makers.
- Together because through policymakers and Scientists we know how to measure and how to interpret effects and risks;
- We even can design solutions, and workers themselves, they always know why papers do not necessarily work;
- we also know why we do this risky work always in a particular way.
- We also know why some solutions do not work. Not because the solution is not good, many times because one solution creates other difficulties.
- Therefore our Network is first and foremost concerned in the effectiveness of solutions and strategies to improve working conditions.
- In addition we are national networks operating in each nation at different levels.
- Our aims include being able to influence people, individual governments, EU bureaucrats and Commissioners.